PFERD recently attended the FABTECH 2018 show, from November 6-8 in Atlanta, Georgia. FABTECH is North America’s largest event for the metalforming, fabricating, welding, and finishing disciplines, showcasing the latest innovations in metalworking technology. FABTECH provides comprehensive education on the industry’s newest advancements and best practices, as well as networking opportunities across a wide spectrum of industries. This year’s event drew more than 35,000 attendees and over 1,500 exhibitors.
At FABTECH 2018, PFERD featured new products being introduced to the market, and highlighted components in our PFERDVALUE® program with a focus on time saving solutions.
PFERD New Product Launch
PFERD unveiled a range of products designed for milling, grinding, and surface conditioning applications. Our product displays and live demonstrations showed how our new solutions increase time savings and boost profitability.
The new products we introduced at FABTECH 2018 included:
- POLIVLIES® interleaved flap disc comprised of non-woven material combined with an aggressive ceramic coated abrasive
- Our CC-GRIND®-STRONG grinding wheel, composed of stacked coated discs combined with bonded abrasive support
- A CERAMIC SGP STEELOX 1/8” thickness grinding wheel, suited for light grinding and cutting in the pipeline industry
- Our OMNI cut carbide burs designed for aggressive removal on steel, stainless steel, cast iron, and non-ferrous metal
- The CERAMIC SG COMFORT hybrid grinding wheel, featuring a rough grinding wheel combined with a coated abrasive top layer for high stock removal (4.5” and 5” diameters available)
The PFERDVALUE® Program
Product demonstrations in our grinding booth and finishing station highlighted PFERD products featuring core elements of our PFERDVALUE® program. Namely, ways in which we focus on operator health and safety and how we help our end users save time and maximize productivity—a core aspect of the program.
As always, the PFERD team greatly enjoyed interacting with all FABTECH 2018 show attendees and are excited for the resulting opportunities generated from our conversations and interactions.
To learn more about the new PFERD metalworking solutions introduced at FABTECH 2018 or to about our metalworking capabilities, contact us today.